Friday, July 3, 2009

A Summer To Play Soccer




The goose spent a week during June honing her soccer skills at one of the Vermont Voltage Soccer Academy day camps. Every morning we would stuff the soccer essentials into her soccer bag. The soccer essentials consisted of: shin guards, cleats, soccer ball, sunscreen. Hydration is also essential. During soccer week I stuffed my refrigerator with Gatorade, apple juice boxes, pre chilled Nalgene bottles full of water, oranges and bananas. I thought I have done a terrific job. Surely I had remembered all the soccer essentials. Little did I know that when you are a six year old female soccer player, it is essential that you carry the Gatorade, apple juice boxes, Nalgene bottles full of water, oranges and bananas in a Tinkerbell lunch box. Apparently Tinkerbell is the patron fairy of soccer players. Bet you didn’t know that.






No comments: